Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Spirit

Halloween Cheer

Wear a mask!
Wear it proud!
Sing your song!
Sing it loud!
Walk the road.
Take a stroll.
Who knows what
the night will hold?
Take my hand.
Squeeze it tight.
With you all fiends
will run in fright.
Eat a treat.
Pass it on.
One more Halloween
has come and

gone.


Just a little something for Halloween. I love this time of year. I didn't really dress up this year, but wore something I normally wouldn't get away with in the light of day - my ye olde Renn Fest cloak and witch makeup. I always enjoy seeing everyone on the streets in costumes at night. It makes you feel glad to be alive and that the darkness doesn't always have to be a scary thing. It can be fun too. It's the one night even in LA people aren't afraid to be bold and walk the streets. Pretty amazing in my opinion.

Been working evenings and mornings with Lambent and crew and it's progressed to 7+ chapters! I can hardly believe it. I haven't felt like this in ages and I wish I never would have stopped writing. It's like Charles told me - when you love to do something it's like breathing. You have to do it. It's a need.

For a long time I've been denying my true nature as a writer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sorry for where I am. Things have been amazing for me this year. It's been a summer of complete metamorphsis with the promise of a brighter future. Things are clearer to me now. I'm more myself now and I'm stronger. I know what I want to do. My journey is long and hard, but it really is about that and not the destination. Sayings like that one are overused because you can't deny their truth. The bumps in the road make us into who we are and they make us stronger.

There will always be ruts in your road, so you gotta learn to buckle down, hold onto the wheel and manuever past them.

- Joanie /^>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Please feel free to leave me any constructive criticism. Let me know where the weak spots are and any typos or grammatical errors you found. I appreciate the gesture so much!