Thursday, July 17, 2008

Game Industry Night

Just got back from another kick-ass Women in Animation event. We had this one over at the DreamWorks Studio campus in Glendale (only a few blocks away from my work, very convenient to find) with guest panelists from the Gaming Industry - writer, programmer, designer and producer - a good balance of people. It was nice to hear from their perspective about the industry. They totally nailed the Quality Assurance Testing part of it too. Now I know that everyone hires testers for 9 months out of 12 - so all I have to do is hang in there and get passed around until one of them decides that they want to permanently hire me! Ha! ;D I took Charlene and she seemed to enjoy it as well.

I'm seriously going to start going back to the Monday Night Writer's Roundtable over at the Animation Guild building too. I want to look into some classes there. Hopefully they have one on Illustrator - I could use it. Possibly some life drawing too. I miss that a lot.

Either way, prospects are looking good.

The most important thing I learned tonight: Keep at and don't listen to anyone who says you can't do it. :)

- Joanie /^>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Please feel free to leave me any constructive criticism. Let me know where the weak spots are and any typos or grammatical errors you found. I appreciate the gesture so much!