Friday, March 12, 2010

Due Date: June 30th

An email from Chris Baty - founder of Nanowrimo.org - spurred me on to set a launch date (as it were, pun intended) for my space pirates novel.

I've already announced it elsewhere but I'm going to work very hard to ensure that "Rad Savage Wins Against the Universe (Sometimes)" is available in print format from Amazon.com through CreateSpace by June 30th.

I think giving myself a reasonable deadline will be a good way to spur me on to finish this novel. After a number of setbacks I'm finally seeing that I do have the ability to do this and I'm enjoying this draft even more than the first.

I had to do an emergency restart - so this is draft 3 now - but I took out the one unnecessary main character, re-worked the plot (taking out some rather concidental plot devices) and given Rad and Chase clearer direction. The planet Droodspawn plays a much more background role - and one I might return to a la Terry Pratchett if enough people want to see me do more with that particular idea.

God grant me the courage to keep going to the finish line and write my best!

Love to all,

- Joanie /^>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Please feel free to leave me any constructive criticism. Let me know where the weak spots are and any typos or grammatical errors you found. I appreciate the gesture so much!