Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's over 9,000!!!


Couldn't help that joke, I really couldn't. :)

More than double word count from last weekend. I'm really happy with how my novel is progressing. This time I'm really letting Guy take the reins and tell the story, and I feel like I'm really getting to know him as a character now. King's book has helped me so much and my goal is working out so well that I want to bump it up to 1,000 a day for this week. I think I'm more than ready for it, since I've been writing about that much when I sit down for a good session.

Progress:

Words: 11,750
Pages: 48
chapters: 4

In reading news, I finished two books:

I Heard the Owl Call My Name - Margaret Craven
A story about a young vicar who lives amongst a Native-American tribe in the Pacific Northwest. It's a classic in these parts, so I just had to check it out. I'm so glad that I did, it was short, but poignant and made me reflect about my own life and the journey that I'm currently on as well.
Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin
This one is awesome because it was on the floor of the libary, so I'm like, well, why not? So I added it to my stack, having no clue what it was, but thinking I would have an adventure. I got what I wanted and more. A super existential tale of a girl who is thrust early into an afterlife where everyone ages in reverse. It's a world populated with talking dogs, dead celebrities and all sorts of odds and ends that - well you just have to read for yourself. This one also was moving in a different sort of way and I feel like I've grown after reading it. Miraculously I read it all the way through this morning, which I've never done before. That was pretty awesome. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Please feel free to leave me any constructive criticism. Let me know where the weak spots are and any typos or grammatical errors you found. I appreciate the gesture so much!